Amplify the Voice of Truth
Propaganda and disinformation are not new.
In the Qur’anic story, the Pharaoh—one of the evilest men who ever walked the earth—claimed that Prophet Musa was spreading corruption in the land. He made this claim while he was the one enslaving Bani Isra’eel and killing their children.
We are witnessing a deluge of false information, malicious spin, and dehumanizing erasure in mainstream media. All of this has taught us some hard lessons:
- When those in power see a group of people as a liability, they will do whatever they can to silence their voices.
- Words are important, and they are used intentionally and carefully, for good or for evil.
- Storytelling is an essential tool in framing the way we understand the world. It can be used to enlighten and educate, or to mislead and control.
- No one can tell your story like you can.
- It’s our duty to amplify the voices of the oppressed, especially when they are being silenced.
Now more than ever, we must step up and take charge of the narrative. We cannot leave our stories to be told by those who do not wish good for us and who will spin tales in ways that suit their own interests.
So let’s stand up, raise our voices, and speak the truth. Let’s tell our stories—stories that are true to our beliefs, our struggles, and our dreams.